Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Package for my GREENIE

I have heard that new missionaries are called 'Greenies', and I read somewhere that it is fun to send a greenie box to new missionaries. So, I spent some time gathering up green things to put in a box for Nathan.


One of the green suggestions I read about was a picture of Kermit the Frog. Well, I found two.
 On this one, I added the words to "I hope they call me on a mission.."
Notice that I changed it to .."have grown a foot or SIX.." hehe




I guess that "It ain't easy being green" is a Kermit motto, so I added it to this photo. I LOVE playing around with pictures, so I couldn't resist adding a Book of Mormon and an Elder Nathan Cockrum name tag!!


Other things I added were candies in green wrappers, a green lip balm, a green laundry stick, a green giant bubble want, green Kool-Aid packs, green play-dough, green notebook, pens and pencils and a green pencil sharpener. I stuffed it all in a box with green packing. I hope Nathan enjoys it as much as I enjoyed putting it all together.

3 comments:

  1. I wish I had your talent. My daughter just left on her mission and I would love to change the name tag in the pic to say Sister Crystal Smith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one made for you. :)
    Send me your email and I will send it on to you. :)
    Sorry it took so long. But hope she likes it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a creative idea. OUR oldest grandson just opened his mission call to raleigh ,north carolina. I would also love a name tag with ELDER LANE HENNEY . I am already planning his first "care package" . Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful ideas for those of us who are experiencing the same joy.
    Gma Sue

    ReplyDelete